The 2019 UC Berkeley Healthy Work Environments Summit laid the groundwork for a shared understanding of how communities can redesign work environments to foster greater health and wellbeing. The 2021 webinar series will provide a practical follow-up to that event with an emphasis on the practices, policies, norms, and culture we want to build in our campus work environments.
Healthy Workplaces by Design
- Watch the recorded webinar and view slides from Caitlin Price DeClercq and Cristina Banks.
- Centering on the Healthy Workplace Model as a framework of need satisfaction at work, this presentation will explore what has been learned so far about aspects of workplaces that promote workers’ need satisfaction increasing their health, well-being, and productivity, and how current contexts of hybrid work may or may not contribute to workers' need satisfaction. To assist managers and supervisors during these challenging times and work contexts, recommendations leveraging drivers of need satisfaction to support worker health and wellbeing will be offered. Cristina Banks from UCB's own Interdisciplinary Center for Healthy Workplaces and Caitlin Price DeClercq from Columbia's Center for Teaching and Learning will lead this joint presentation.
Health and Equity in All Policies
- Watch the recorded webinar and view slides from Lasana Hotep and Kira Stoll.
- Resources: Diversity recruiting toolkit.
- This session will provide practical examples and tools of how one can promote health and equity in the workplace through policies, practices, and partnerships. Lasana Hotep, UC Berkeley’s Director for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging, will discuss what it means to be an anti-racist campus and the structures that are being put in place to help UC Berkeley further its anti-racist agenda. Kira Stoll, UC Berkeley’s Chief Sustainability & Carbon Solutions Officer, will discuss intersectional sustainability topics like climate change, resiliency, equity, and health as well as share information on a new Sustainability Training and Certification for UC Berkeley Staff.
How Organizations, Teams, and Individuals Can Flourish at Work - Recording and Slides Available
- Watch the recorded webinar and view the slides.
- Resources: Article on the PERMA model.
- This session will be led by Chris Murchison, a former UCB staff member and keynote speaker for the 2020 NOW Conference. Chris is a passionate advocate of positive workplace culture and the practices that support an employee experience of deep respect, connection, joy, and learning. The key question we will discuss is, “how can organizations and teams flourish?” Within the hour we will include interactive activities, a review of emerging concepts in the field, and skills and tools that can be applied immediately to activate flourishing at work.